Liposuction removes fat from many different sites on the human body. Area affected can range from abdomen, thighs and buttocks, to the neck, backs of the arms and elsewhere. Amount of fat that can be safely removed in one session varies depending on each patient. The excessive fat is removed through a hollow instrument - a cannula - which is inserted under the skin. a powerful high-pressure vacuum is applied to the cannula. Liposuction permanently removes fat cells from the body.
Who are the ideal candidates for Liposuction?
- Those who aren’t satisfied with their body areas (forearm, back, abdomen, chin, flanks thighs and calves)
- Those who wishes natural body shape changes
- Those with obese lower or upper body
- Those who have physical imbalances due to sudden weight gain
- Those who wish for changes in body shape in a short period of time
- Those who have failed in weight loss many times
- Those who have gained weight again after the body contouring
- Those who aren’t responsive to other treatments for obesity
Types of Liposuction Procedure
Aspirates fat through the cannula by causing pressure with vacuum pump.
Uses a specialized cannula with mechanized movement so that the surgeon does not need to make as many manual movements to aspirate fat.
Emulsifies the fat with ultrasound/laser and makes it easier to suction out. It selectively sucks out fat tissue without bleeding and damaging other tissues.
Uses a thin fan-shaped water beam, which loosens the structure of the fat tissue, so that it can be removed by a special cannula. It requires less infiltration solution and produces less edema from the tumescent fluid.
Multi-Step Laser Liposuction
Uses laser and ultrasound at the same time to aspirate a large volume of fat.
Steps of Liposuction Procedure
- Step-1 : Inject half of lipolytic solution.
- Step-2 : Treat with external ultrasound for 15min.
- Step-3 : Inject another half of lipolytic solution.
- Step-4 : Treat with erchonia laser for 15min.
- Step-5 : Evenly aspirate fat with a large lipomatic liposuction.
- Step-6 : Maintain smooth and elastic skin according to post care program.
- Required Time : Approx. 1.5 ~ 2 hr
- Cost : KRW 2.5~3 million per area
Precaution of Liposuction
- 1. Consult with a doctor if you had any surgery recently on the area where you want to perform a liposuction or have heart or lung disease.
- 2. Avoid taking cold medicine containing antipyrectic or painkiller like aspirin before surgery. It may cause excessive bleeding.
- 3. Refrain from smoking or drinking at least 1 week prior to surgery.
- 4. Drinking and Smoking cause the increase in carbon monoxide which may slow down a healing time after the surgery.
- 5. Drink enough water and have a regular meal to maintain good body condition.
- 6. Avoid the surgery before or during menstrual period because stopping the bleeding may be difficult.
Post Management of Liposuction
- 1. Refrain from smokin,g which disturbes the healing process, at least for a month.
- 2. Raise surgical area higher than your heart to help deflating the swelling.
- 3. Continue exercising with a proper diet. Avoid high-calorie food.
- 4. Most pain disappears within 3~4 days. However, slight pain may continue for approx. 10 days.
- 5. There won’t be much of difficulty to perform daily activity. However, you should refrain from any strenuous exercise.
- 6. Take a shower 2~3 days after surgery. It is recommended to take a bath or go to sauna from 2~3 weeks after the surgery.
- 7. Wear a corrective girdle for 3 months to apply even pressure on the surgical area for skin curvature and deflating the swelling.
MC Recommended Tips
Be cautious about liposuction because it aspirates not only fat tissue but also other tissues and blood. Thus, you must consult with experienced plastic surgeon prior to surgery. Liposuction consequently reduces a patient’s weight. However, it is dangerous to perform liposuction with a sole purpose of losing weight. It is beneficial to perform liposuction in a small area in conjunction with proper exercise and diet.