Medical Checkup program is prepared to detect any signs of diseases and cancers in their early stage for apparently healthy-looking people. Early diagnose and treatment of cancer, cerebrovascular disease and heart disease – the 3 major causes of death can greatly reduce mortality and prevent various complications. Busy modern people who are negligent on their health care due to heavy workload and stress should manage and maintain their health through Medical Checkup. A medical checkup for adults over 20 years old to examine life-sustaining organs and to detect any signs of cancer and lifestyle-related disease.
For early detection of cancer or diseases caused by improper lifestyle with high prevalence and incidence
▶ Review a preparation list (Questionnaire, Medical Checkup Request Form) before the checkup ▶ Perform Medical Checkup ▶ Result consultation Diagnostics
|Physical Examination||Height, Weight, Waist Measurement, Blood Pressure, Vision, Hearing|
|Body Composition||Body Fat, Visceral Fat, Obesity and Skeletal Muscle contents|
|Blood Test||Blood Type, Infectious Diseases, Blood Contents, Chronic Infection, Liver Disease, Fasting Glucose, Leukemia, Anemia and other blood related diseases|
|Pulmonary Test||Asthma, Emphysema, Respiratory Diseases|
|Cardiograph||Arrhythmia, Myocardial Infarction, Angina Pectoris, Ventricular Hypertrophy|
|Chest X-Ray||Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Cardiac Hypertrophy, Bronchial Diseases|
|Thyroid Test||Tumor, Enlargement, Hyperthyroid, Hypothyroidism, Thyroiditis|
|Abdominal Ultrasound||Examine tumors or other disease test on Liver, Gallbladder, Pancreas, Biliary Tract, Kidney and Spleen|
|Venereal Disease||AIDS, Syphilis|
|Tumor Marker Test||AFP(Liver Cancer), CEA(Colorectal Cancer, Gastric Cancer), CA199(Pancreatic Cancer)|
|Bone Densitometry||Lumbar Spine Bone Densitometry|
|Spine Test||Lumbar Spine X-Ray Test|
|Urinalysis Pyelonephritis||Chronic Nephritis, Diabetes, Liver Disease, Jaundice, Urinary Tract Infection, Urologic Diseases in Kidney and Bladder|
1. The day before Comprehensive Medical Checkup
- Have a light dinner before 8pm. Avoid greasy food.
- Do not intake any food including water after 8pm. Have enough sleep.
- Avoid drinking, over-eating and excessive fatigue which may interfere with the accurate medical checkup.
- Stop taking any medications 2~3 days prior to the checkup date, and consult with your physician.
- Those who are prescribed medicines for blood pressure or anti-convulsant may take them with the minimum amount of water early in the morning.
- Those who regularly take aspirin or anti-thrombotic must stop taking them 7 days prior to the checkup.
- Those who take anti-diabetics must bring them to the hospital in the morning without taking them.
2. The day of Medical Checkup
- Do not drink, smoke, chew gum or take any medications along with fasting in the morning.
- Refrain from accompanying any children or adults to the clininc.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the appointment with comfortable clothes.
- Those who are pregnant, menstruating or have had gastrectomy or hysterectomy must leave a note on the questionnaire or report to the reception.
- Cost: KRW400,000~600,000
Additional Medical Checkups for Women
Comprehensive Medical Checkup including women specific exams such as Tests for Breast Cancer Maker(CA153), Ovarian & Endometrial Cancer Makers(CA125), Cervical Cancer Cytology and Radioactive Test for Breast-Related Diseases.
- Tumor Maker Test : CA153(Breast Cancer), CA125(Ovarian Cancer and Endometrial Cancer)
- Cervical Cancer Test : Cervical Cancer Cytology
- Breast Radioactive Test : Examines breast-related diseases like Breast Cancer, Dense Breast, Fibro adenoma and Calcification
Additional Medical Checkup for Men
Comprehensive Medical checkup including men specific exams including Tests for Prostatic Cancer Maker(PSA) and Prostate-Related diseases.
- Prostate-Related Disease : Prostatitis, Prostatic Carcinoma, Prostatic Hypertrophy
- Tumor Maker Test : Cervical Cancer Cytology
MC Recommended Tips
It is advisable to receive 1~2 times of comprehensive medical checkup. Most of diseases (High Blood Pressure, heart disease, diabetes, liver disease and etc.) are hard to detect in their early stage, which make them difficult to be treated at the point of diagnosis. Thus, it is important to detect any signs of diseases or disorders in their early stage through regular medical checkup. Rather than receiving thorough exams for various diseases at once, it is recommended to start with comprehensive medical checkup. You can move on to in-depth exams if any possibilities for disease are detected.