Hair transplants are the only permanent solution to male and female hair loss. It is common for celebrities, athletes, even other doctors to seek out hair restoration for their personal hair transplant experience. Hair Restoration is a procedure that relocates your naturally growing hair to an area which is thinning and or balding. Each person is unique and needs an individual plan to help them achieve their hair restoration goal. Cosmetic procedures that are used to restore hair give patients a more youthful appearance. Experience the outstanding cosmetic procedures in Korea.
Receding Hairline Treatment
Having a full head of hair can give you the feeling of youth, and a receding hairline can give the opposite feeling. A receding hairline is a reminder of age, and is often linked to a reduction in self esteem. Surgery might seem like a drastic measure, and should certainly be the last option to take after exhausting all non-surgical routes, such as topical creams and preventative measures. However, because of the enormous interest the procedure had become common. This popularity has not only reduced the costs of the procedure, but has also increased the efficiency and the quality of all the procedures. The immediate results and the enormous positive impact can have on both your mental well-being and self esteem makes this procedure an extremely attractive option.
- Duration of procedure : 4 to 6 hours
- Cost : Starting at KRW 3,500,000 (for 1,500 grafts)
Who are the ideal candidates for Receding Hairline Treatment?
- Patients with high hairlines
- Patients who have suffered hair loss due to mechanical or traction Alopecia (non hormonal)
- Patients who have had previous cosmetic or plastic surgery and are concerned about hair loss around the incision sites.
- Patients who suffer hair loss due to trauma, including burn victims, scarring from accidents and chemical burns
The Follicular Unit Transplantation Procedure
The surgery is performed under a local anesthetic. The hair in the area where the units will be removed will be trimmed to enable easier access. The surgeon will then remove these hairs one by one. Your surgeon will use a microscope while doing so to prevent the risk of damage to the hair follicles. These units are removed in strips for micro-dissection before implantation. The strip is removed from the centre of the donor area which enables the surgeon to obtain a large amount for transplanting. He will then inject an anesthetic into the recipient area (bald area of your scalp) and will use a specially designed ‘micro-needle’to insert the follicular units into the scalp. These hairs will then grow as per usual.
The Follicular Unit Extraction Procedure
The hair of donor area will be extracted from the scalp one at a time by the specialized punch, less than 1mm in diameter. Then the extracted hair will be implanted to the bald area. The procedure will be performed under a local anesthetic.
Facial Hair Transplant
Facial hair transplantation is a procedure designed to restore hair to the beard, mustache region, eyelashes and eyebrows to thicken the existing hair or to provide hair growth where there is none. The absence of hair could be due to genetics, prior electrolysis or laser hair removal, or even trauma due to surgery, burns or other types of accidents. Some patients seek to have restored a full, thick beard and mustache, others desire a fuller goatee, while others seek to have hair placed into a visible scar. Follicular Unit Extraction is normally performed for facial hair transplant because the surgical area is not too large in most cases.
- Duration of procedure: 1 to 3 hours
- Cost: Starting at KRW 1,500,000 (for 200 grafts)
- Patients with less eyebrows or eyelashes
- Patients who want to have luxuriant sideburns
- Patients have goatee or no beard
Facial Hair Transplant Procedure
The donor hairs come from the scalp, which are essentially identical in their texture and growth to the beard and mustache hairs. To provide a completely natural appearance, the hairs are transplanted as one and two hair grafts, the natural way beard hair grows. Other steps taken to assure naturalness include the careful placement of the grafts at the exact correct angle, the use of all-microscopically dissected grafts that can be placed in the smallest possible incisions so as to minimize scarring, and even the aesthetic distribution of any existing gray hairs into the restored areas.
Scars, Burn marks solved by Hair Transplant
A procedure typically involves the placement of 200 to as many as 2200 hair grafts, depending upon the desired density and the size of the scars and burn marks to be covered.
- Duration of procedure : 2 to 4 hours
- Cos t: Starting at KRW 1,500,000 (for 2.5cm in diameter)
- Patients with hair loss from burn
- Patients have traumatic scars from an accident
- Anyone who wish to remove scars on their faces or body
Performed usually under a mild oral sedative, the 3 to 4 hour procedure is essentially painless, as is the recovery period. For the first 4 days after the procedure, tiny crusts are around each transplanted hair. By 5 days, other than some occasional mild pinkness which fades out over the next 3 days, patients are able to return to normal activities without any sign of having had a procedure. Sutures that are placed in the donor area are removed at 8 to 10 days. The transplanted hairs fall out at around 2 weeks, then start to re-grow at 3 months, where they will continue to grow for a lifetime.
KMH Recommended Tips
- Medical conditions that could cause problems during or after surgery, such as uncontrolled high blood
- pressure or blood-clotting problems should be informed to your doctor.
- You are not allowed to take Antiplatelet drugs such as aspirin or Vitamin products for a week before the surgery.
- You can still take the medicine for high blood pressure, diabetes or asthma on the surgery date.
- It is recommended for you not to put on wigs at least for a week after the surgery.
- The newly transplanted hair starts to grow, initially as very fine hair normally 3 to 5 months after the surgery and some or all of the original hair that was shed begins to grow back.
- Receiving reaular scalp treatments always help for you to keep healthy hair.