Konyang University Hospital
Konyang University Hospital(KYUH) opened in 2000, under the motto of 'World Class Quality with Love'. In 2011, a cancer center was established providing an exclusive VIP ward and services with cutting edge facilities. In 2011, 404 items were accredited by the Ministry of Health and Welfare, and these included patient safety, medication, and infection, amongst others.
|09:00 ~ 17:00||09:00 ~ 17:00||09:00 ~ 17:00||09:00 ~ 17:00||09:00 ~ 17:00|
The Cancer Center at Konyang University Hospital is composed of teams that specialize in; stomach cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, colorectal cancer, thyroid and breast cancer, lung cancer, obstetrical cancer and prostate cancer. The center also takes care of the outpatients of the departments of digestive internal medicine, respiratory internal medicine, blood tumor internal medicine, obstetrics, urology, cardiothoracic surgery and radiation oncology. The center, which introduced the Robotic Cyber-knife for the first time in Korea in 2007, is now equipped with the Rapid Arch. The Rapid Arc is the most advanced cancer surgical equipment for image-guided intensity modulated radiation therapy. It shapes and modulates a highly focused beam to target the tumor precisely sparing healthy tissues with a 360-degree rotation around the patient. It delivers precise treatments in shorter times and reduces not only patient stress, but also the chance of mistreatment. The new 128-slice CT scanner provides the fastest and highest-resolution imaging and makes it possible to operate thirty two times faster in comparison to the former CT scanner. It has excellent treatment effect of brain, chest, abdomen and heart(Coronary Artery)
+ Excellent treatment effect of liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, brain cancer, melanoma and sarcoma, etc.
+ It automatically tracks the position of the tumor with a simple vest and X sight spine tracking system.
+ It shortens treatment plans from 2 months to three times.
+ It shapes and modulates a highly focused beam to target the tumor precisely sparing healthy tissues with a 360-degree rotation around the patient.
+ It delivers precise treatments in shorter times, reduces patient stress, and the chance of mistreatment.
128 channel CT
+ It provides the fastest and highest-resolution imaging and makes it possible to operate 32 times faster in comparison with the former CT.
+ Excellent treatment effect of brain, chest, abdomen and heart(Coronary Artery)
Heart Center & Burn Center
Opened in 2002 to provide specialty treatment in the field of cardiovascular disorders, our center boasts the largest capacity and highest level of expertise in central Korea with the most highly advanced medical equipment. We implement one-stop diagnosis, test and operation in one place in close collaboration with teams of cardiovascular surgical professionals, thus enabling us much more efficient patient care and treatment system.
Advanced Burn Reconstruction Center, ABRC
An Advanced Burn Reconstruction Center opened in December, 2010. Dong-chul Kim, Director of the center and his team have provided the very best medical treatment to advanced burn patients in central Korea. As the result of persisting effort, ABRC is designated as an ‘Official Hospital for Burn Reconstruction Globalization’ by the Ministry of Health and Welfare in 2012.
Dr. park, Chang-il, M.D., Ph.D.
- President of Konyang University Hospital
- Former President of International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Named most influential person of the Korean Economy 2012
- Established the cutting edge cancer center, which is composed of teams specialized in gastric cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer and lung cancer.
Dong-Chul Kim, M.D. Ph.D.
- Director of Advanced Burn Reconstruction Center
- Expert in Burn Reconstruction and skin graft.
- Korean Representative of International Society of Burn Injuries(ISBI)
- Vice President, Korean Burn Society
- Board of Director, International Committee, Korean Burn Society
- Vice President of 6th Asian-Pacific Burn Congress
- M.D. School of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- MSc Graduate School of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- Ph.D. Graduate School of Medicine, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
- International Visiting Professor, Division of Plastic Surgery, UCLA, USA
- Director, Advanced Burn Reconstruction Center, Konyang University Hospital
- Professor and Director, Department of Plastic Surgery, Konyang Medical College
DR. BAE, Jang-ho, M.D. Ph.D.
- Director of Heart Center
- Annual 35,000 outpatients, 1,500 cases of CAG and 6,000 cases of Echocardiogram
- More than 99 % Success Rate of PTCA and 95 % of Arrhythmia
- Average of 2.4 Admission days
- Cardiologic studies in KYUH nominated in ‘Marquis Who’s Who’, which contains biographical information on outstanding achievers worldwide