CHAN Bariatric Surgery
CHAN Bariatric Surgery is the top class Gastric Band Surgery center in Asia designated as Educational Institution. CHAN Bariatric Surgery offers an advanced weight-loss surgery for Obsesses without Yo-Yo phenomenon. CHAN’s experienced surgeons & dietitians specialized for obesity surgery, and full-time anesthesiologist as well as thorough pre/post management system deliver high customer satisfaction.
We are closed on national holidays and Sundays.
|09:00 ~ 17:30||09:00 ~ 20:00||13:00 ~ 17:30||09:00 ~ 17:30||09:00 ~ 17:30||09:00 ~ 15:00|
Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery with Skin Lifting
Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery is a bariatric surgery designed for obese patients that involves in placing adjustable silicone lap band around the top portion of the stomach leaving smaller stomach pouch of only 15~20cc. This procedure restricts the amount of food consumed and increases the time taken for digestion, thus leaving long-term stomach fullness after each meal by adjusting silicone band placed on the upper stomach.
Advantage of Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery
The major advantage of Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery is the fact the result of weight loss can be maintained without worrying about yo-yo phenomenon as it reduces the amount of food intake itself. Abdominal laparoscopic surgery does not leave a visible scar of laparotomy. Its short operation time within 1-hour allows out-patient surgery, thus leading to short downtime as well as less pain and chance of complications. Common metabolic diseases accompany obesity includes hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidermia, menstrual irregularity, and sleep apnea can be cured or dramatically improved by Gastric Band Surgery.
Post Management of Adjustable Gastric Band Surgery
Surgery is determined after thorough analysis of a patient’s condition; nutrition, dietary habit, psychological tests, medical history, and digestive function test. Once the surgery is done, step by step dietary management education and proper gastric band adjustment must be accompanied to slowly achieve the weight loss. Skin lifting procedure is provided to tighten sagging & lose skin after the weight loss.
Dr. Lee, Hong-Chan
• Post Doctorate Fellow & Physician, Obesity Research Center, Columbia Unviersity, NY, USA
• Post Doctorate Fellow of Laparoscopic Obesity Surgery, St Luke’s Roosebelt Hospital of Columbia University, NY, USA
• Exchange Professor, Ariake Hospital, Japan
• Served as Adjunct Professor, Youido St. Mary’s Hospital Catholic University of Korea
• Official Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
• Official Member, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
• Secretary & Academic Director, Korean Research Association of Obesity Metabolic Surgery
• Director, Korean Society of Obesity and Health
• Official Member, Korean Surgical Society
• Official Member, the Korean Society of Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons
Dr. Lee, Kwon-Jae
• Official Member, the Korean Society of Anesthesiologists
• Official Member, Korean Society for Obesity Metabolic Surgery
• Official Member, Korean Association of Intravenous anesthesia